- Follow the instructions on the download page for both your client and server.
- Verify that the client is installed correctly by looking for the et executable:
- Verify that the server is installed correctly by checking the et service status:
systemctl status et
- You are ready to start using ET!
- ET uses ssh for handshaking and encryption, so you must be able to ssh into the machine from the client. Make sure that you can
- ET uses TCP, so you need an open port on your server. By default, it uses 2022.
- Once you have an open port, the syntax is similar to ssh:
- If you have SSH listening on a different port or with special parameters, this must be specified in your ssh_config file. ET will automatically use your ssh_config file when making connections.
If you have any problems with installation or usage, please file an issue on github.